Fishing in Trysil
Trysil an area with great diversity and many fishing options. Here you can hike up to mountainous lakes and fish for trout and arctic char. You can have a go at the huge population of grayling in the mighty Trysil river, or the Ljøra river. Worm fishing or light spin fishing for perch in one of the many forest lakes. In addition you can choose among the many activities on offer for the keen fishermen.
The fish population in this areas waters are in general very good. Therefore, when going fishing in Trysil, you can be confident that your fishing experience will be a good one. Every year measures are made so that your fishing trip will be an experience to remember. Over populated waters are thinned out with nets to ensure better growth of the remaining fish. Other waters have their stocks supported by introducing juvenile fish from a local hatchery. Biotop improvements are being made in spawning grounds, together with chalking, water-tests and test-fishing. In addition to taking these vital measures to improve the waters, steps are made every year to make your experience better trough better information and facilitation for you as a fisherman.
In Trysil there are many offers on guided trips, fishing courses, boat rental, gatherings for fishermen and a good variation of accommodation offers.
Make note of that some areas have specific licenses where the general license does not apply. This applies to Gjerfloen Flyfishing and Vestsjøberget Flyfishing, the latter being a private stretch one can hire exclusively.
Trysil Common fishing and hunting association is collaboration of 9 fishing associations in the region.
This license covers most of the Trysil area and includes ore than 100 lakes, rivers and creeks.
Day NOK 120,00 | Week NOK 350,00 | Season NOK 520,00
Fishing license can be purchased at the tourist office and at local grocery stores and sporting goods stores.
- Fishing is permitted all year
- Maximum size for trout and grayling: trout over 30 cm and grayling over 35 cm are to be put back unharmed.
- Salom might be caught in the Trysil river and are to be put back with no acceptation.
- Barb-less hooks.
- The license is personal and only applies to that person. ID must be shown together with license.
- Children under the age of 16 can fish without license.
- Violation to the fishing regulations will be reported.
- For an exact direction to what waters are covered by the license we urge you to look at the pfd map.
- Fishing from boat is allowed but not in Røsjøen
- Leave nothing in nature, bring home only your trash and memories.
- Show respect for farmlands and buldings.