Fishing Facilities on The Nea
Fishing spot on the popular River Nea in Tydal with nice facilities and wheelchair access, perfect for those with the need for easy access. This is a nicely built and well-maintained fishing spot, with plenty of room for larger groups. At the time it was built it won the South Trondelag Environmental Prize.
This area is located on the northern banks of the Nea at Aune, right next to the Tydal Museum. The entire facility is built around access for the disabled, families, and others with the need for easy access to fishing. The area consists of a shelter connected to a handicapped toilet, a 10-meter fishing dock with railing, and a fishing trail along the river. You will find wooden tables and benches, and a fireplace for grilling and cooking coffee.
Tydal Hunting and Fishing Association (TJFF) is the group that stood behind the construction of this area, and a large part was done with volunteer work. In 1999 this group was awarded the South Trøndelag Environmental Prize for the work put into creating this beautiful fishing spot. We ask that you please take care of the area and clean up after yourself. Trash should be taken with you after fishing, and we ask that you leave the area in the condition you would like to find it. A garbage container can be found near the facilities.
To get here simply follow the signs from FV 705. These include a “handicapped fishing” and a “Fiske I Neadalen” sign with a number 10.
The Tydals License is a common license, which covers all 7 fishing areas in the municipality. Note the areas that are not included under this license. More specific information can be found in the Fishing Guide.
Pricing (Tydals License):
Fishing from land: 24 Hour NOK 132,00 | Week NOK 660,00 | Season NOK 1320,00
Fishing from boat: 24 Hour NOK 187,00 | Week NOK 935,00 | Season NOK 1870,00
There are also licenses available for families. These are valid for two parents and all children between 16-18 years old. Children under the age of 16 do not need a license.
Family license – fishing from land: 24 Hour NOK 187,00 | Season NOK 1760,00
Family license – fishing from boat: 24 Hour NOK 250,00 | Season NOK 2310,00
Fishing licenses may be purchased either online, via SMS, and at various local outlets in the area.
Fishing licenses are valid for fishing with a rod and reel or a handline from land or from a boat. When several adults are fishing together from a boat a license must be acquired for each line in the water, or for each adult in the boat.
- Unattended lines in the water are not allowed. Use of live bait is strictly forbidden.
- Use of personal boats, canoes, or kayaks is only allowed in Stuggusjøen. Fishing here is limited to a maximum of 4 rods per boat.
- Open year round, with the exception of the rivers Tya and Nea, which are closed to fishing from September 15th to April 14th.
- In the Håen – Esfossen stretch of the River Tya: Bag limit of one fish over 40 cm per day. Not bag limits on fish under this size.
- In Nea and Græslidammen: Bag limit of one fish over 40 cm per day. Not bag limits on fish under this size.
- Otherwise there are bag limits for the rest of the lakes and rivers in Tydal.
- There are specific areas where fishing is forbidden. Please see these areas marked on the map in the fishing guide.
- To reduce the spread of fish born illness and parasites, all fishing gear including tackle, waders, boats, and anything else that has been used in another watershed must be rinsed off before use in the Tydal fishing area. Fish guts must be buried or thrown in a trash container.
- Children under 16 years old fish for free.
Show respect for fenced land. Do not walk across farmed land.
If you pack it in, pack it out. Throw away all trash and leave the area as you would like it to be found
Use marked parking areas whenever possible.
Show respect to everyone you meet along your way.