The Sundfloen Fly Fishing Zone consists of a wide variety of water, from faster flowing pocket water sections to slow flowing deeper sections, broken up by islands and points throughout its length. Grayling are the dominant species here, and they are extremely abundant. North of the Sundfloen Bridge at Koppang, new regulations on the maximum size of fish that may be kept have lead to a notable increase in the average size of fish.
The Sundfloen Fly Fishing Zone is a brand new offer in Stor-Elvdal. This stretch of the Glomma River now only allows classic fly fishing, which by definition means that the line provides the weight required for casting.
North of the Sundfloen Bridge, the fly fishing zone is connected to a separate fishing zone where responsible management and a maximum size limit has had very good results in terms of the fish population and average size.
The common license for the Glomma Fishing Association is valid for Sundfloen Fly Fishing, and this license is also valid for the majority of Stor-Elvdal Municipality. From Atna in the North, to the border to Åmot Municipality in the south, there is plenty of water to be explored when you purchase one license. Please note that certain stretches of the Glomma are excluded this license, please see the map for further details. This also applies to private areas. This entire area is well signed and easily accessed.
The Fishing License
When you fish the Glomma River near Koppang you only need one license, and this license is valid the entire stretch of the Glomma in Stor-Elvdal Municipality.
With almost 90 river kilometers and a wide variety of water, there is plenty of room to explore and get away from crowds. When you purchase this license you will also have access to a multitude of lakes near the river, and some of these lakes fish extremely well, with plenty of trout and char to be found. These lakes are a great alternative when the river is flowing high during the early season.
24 hours NOK 150,00 | Week NOK 450,00 | Season NOK 650,00
This fishing license can be purchased either online, or through several local outlets (gas stations, camping areas, etc.).Buy fishing licence
- Open from May 15th to October 31th.
- Only fly fishing allowed. This means that the fly line provides the weight for casting.
- Barbless hooks only. Barbed hooks must have the barbs pinched before use.
- All trout must be released.
- Bag limit of 1 grayling per angler per day, with a maximum size limit of 35 cm.
- Fishing from a boat, canoe, kayak, inflatable, etc. is not allowed in the fly-fishing zone.
- Fishing licenses are for personal use only and are non transferable. Licenses are only valid along with legal identification
- All angers are required to show their license when asked.
- Children under 16 years old fish for free, but must follow the fishing regulations.
- Failure to follow the regulations can lead to arrest or to a fine of kr 2000.
- Supervision Telephone: +47 91 85 13 83.
General Fishing Regulations outside the Fly Fishing zone.
Show respect for fenced property. Please do not walk across fields.
If you pack it in, pack it out. Keeping the river clean is our mutual responsibility.
Show respect to private property and to others you meet on the river.