Storabbortjernet – (big perch lake)
Easily accessible, less than 400 meters from parking, you will find Storabbortjernet lake in Åsnes municipality. The name translates “big perch lake”, but i also houses a hige number og smaller perch and also trout. It’s a perfect place for a family with children and with its sheltered situation, it really gives the feeling of being in the outback.
The Storabbortjernet lake have very good numbers of perch, most of them small, but some big fish swim among them. Have a lokk at the fishing tips in the video below, They are in Norwegian but they still make sense to everyone.
The license covers the entirety of the Åsnes JFF (hunting and fishing association) area. You must make sure you have the information you need about the areas boarders and regulations.
One day NOK 60,- | One week NOK 200,- | Season card NOK 400,-
Fore the lake Utgravertjern it is a separate license that cost NOK 100,- for one day
- The license gives you the right to fish the Åsnes Hunting and Fishing Association areas. You must make sure you have the information you need about the areas boarders and regulations. In waters with trout, fishing with rod is the only means of fishing allowed.
- All trout over 40 cm in size must be returned unharmed
- Trout under 25 cm must also be ruturned bak in the water unharmed.
- No minimum size on other species
- All perch over 40 cm in size must be returned unharmed
- All trout must be returned back top the water unharmed from 15. sept to 1. nov
- Adults fishing with actively fishing children under the age of 12 do not have to purchase a license.
At the Storabbortjernet lake you will find arrangements for making fire and a boat free to use.
Pay curtsy to other fishermen, respect their space and to not litter in nature.
Description: From the center of Flisa town, follow county road 206 (fv 206) on the north side of the river Flisa. After about 22 km from Flisa town center, turn off the FV 206 road onto FV 461. Follow the road north for about 12 km. Here you will find parking and information about the Storabbortjernet lake. A marked trail will guide you to the lake.