Rena River Fly Fishing
The Rena River is one of the most attractive rivers in Norway. It has a healthy stock of brown trout, grayling and with fish all in trophy sizes. The registered Norwegian record of biggest grayling caught is from The Rena River. The fly fishing zone is from Storsjødammen down to Rødhammeren. The zone is about 5 km long.
Within the fly fishing zone, from “Rødhammeren” to the Storsjøen dam, only fishing from the bank or wading is allowed. Fishing from a boat is forbidden. The fishing license is valid for the whole Rena River, allso rivers Glomma, Søre Osa, Julussa and Åsta in Åmot municipality.
Day license 210.- NOK | 2 day license 380,- NOK | Week license 680,- NOK | Season license 1100,- NOK
Licenses can be obtained either online (click the button) or from various vendors in the area (gas stations, campsites, tourist office etc.)
Buy fishing licence Report your catch
Highlights of the rules for the fly fishing zone, for complete rule see under additional rules at the bottom of this page.
- Fishing season form 1 st of May to 30th of November.
- Allowed fishing tackle: fly rod and fly line. The only weight used for casting is the fly line, and only artificial flies are allowed.
- All wild brown trout and grayling over 40 cm must be released.
- Each angler is allowed to take 1 wild brown trout and grayling per 24 hour period. We strongly recommend C&R .
- All stocked trout ( fat fin removed) can be harvested freely.
- Handel caught fish with extreme care and make sure to release it promptly.
- All anglers should bring a measuring tape. If in doubt the fish must be released.
- The fishing license is personal and only valid with a personal Id.
- All children under the age of 16 years fish for free.
- Violations of the rules might result in prosecution
- River keeper phone number: (+47) 975 05 775
Show respect for farmed fields, do not walk across but walk on the edges. Respect local residents and only use marked parking places (see maps.). Remember that the atmosphere on and around the river is our common responsibility. Respect other anglers and bring your garbage back with you, don’t leave it in nature.
renaelva.no | fishing regulations (pdf)Other offers in Åmot Other offers in Innlandet