Northern Rena River Fly Fishing
The fishing in the Northern Rena River is challenging, but if you crack the code there is trophy grayling and brown trout to be caught. The fly fishing zone is easily accessible from the road, and is approximately 4,7 km long.
Big parts of the fly fishing zone are calm stretches of the river, ideal for belly boat or cano/kajak fishing. The fly fishing zone starts at “Søndre bru” on Fv 667 and end at the bridge at “Kvarsevja”.
Prices: Day license 200.- NOK
Licenses can be obtained either online (click the button) or from various vendors in the area (gas stations, campsites, tourist office etc.).
The license also gives you the rights to fish the stretch north and south of the fly fishing zone, where Reneaelva lotteierforening controls the fishing.
- Fishing season form 1st of June to 30th of September.
- Allowed fishing tackle: fly rod and fly line. The only weight used for casting is the fly line, and only artificial flies are allowed.
- Barbless hooks only, or pinched down barbs.
- Limited licenses: total 8 licenses per day.
- A license is valid from 10.00 AM until 10.00 AM the following day.
- All specimens under 35 cm and all specimens over 40 cm must be released.
- Each angler is allowed to take 1 fish per 24 hour period. We strongly recommend C&R only.
- Handle caught fish with extreme care and make sure to release it promptly.
- All anglers should bring a measuring tape. If in doubt the fish must be released.
- The fishing license is personal and only valid with a personal Id.
- All children under the age of 16 years fish for free.
- Violations of the rules might result in prosecution.
Show respect for farmed fields, do not walk across but walk on the edges. Respect local residents and only use marked parking places (see maps.). Remember that the atmosphere on and around the river is our common responsibility. Respect other anglers and bring your garbage back with you, don’t leave it in nature.