Ljøra river i Trysil
Ljøra River, is a medium sized river found in eastern Trysil Kommune and offers great grayiling and trout fishing and a great variety of water. This river is a good choice for both the experienced fly fisherman as well as those fishing with gear or bait. The fishing license in this river gives access to a wide variety of lakes and streams in the Trysil Area.
I the northern stretches Ljøra is swift and relatively shallow, but further down stream it becomes wider and deeper with slower current that is perfect for spotting rising fish. Ljøra has been known as an excellent trout and grayling stream for several decades, especially among Swedish fishermen. There are also several tributaries to the Ljøra such as the Drevja and Bergåa that offer excellent fishing.
Guided trips to the Ljøra can be arranged in Trysil as well as rentals of fishing gear, boats, fishing events and plentiful accommodation. Please note that Gjerfloen Fluefiske and Vestsjøberget Fluefiske are run under different management and require their own fihsing license. The Trysil Hunting and Fishing Association is the governing body of 9 separate hunting and fishing organizations in Trysil. These organizations are a member of Norways Hunting and Fishing Association.
This fishing license is valid for all of the Trysil Hunging and Fishing Associations rivers and streams, which means the vast majority of water to be found in Trysil Kommune. Over 100 rivers, lakes, and streams.
24 Hours NOK 130,00 | Week NOK 390,00 | Season NOK 580,00
Fishing licenses can also be purchased at the Tourist Office, sports stores, and gas stations.
- Fishing allowed year round.
- Maximum Size for trout and grayling: Trout over 30 cm and Grayling over 35 cm must be released as quickly as possible.
- Exception: Each angler is allowed to keep either one trout or grayling over the maximum size per 24 hour period.
- Salmon are protected. All salmon must be released as quickly as possible without injury to the fish.
- Barbless hooks are required.
- Fishing licenses are only valid for the purchaser and are non transferable. They are only valid along with legal identification.
- Children under 16 years old fish for free.
- Failure to follow the rules can lead to arrest.
For more information on which rivers, lakes and streams are included in this license please see Fishing map Trysil (pdf).
Fishing from a boat is allowed in all lakes with the exception of Røsjøen.
Show respect to landowners and to nature, please pack out what you pack in.
Show respect for private property and high traffic areas.