River fishing in upper Orkla
The upper Orkla is a trout river with plenty of fish in good condition. The best trout fishing is in early season when good sized fish is not uncommon.
After Orkla was regulated, several smaller dams were built to keep the water level in the river. In these pools the fishing is really good and trout of 1 kilo and upwards is not uncommon. In the early days the English lords used to frequent this area to fish for the trout here, after they had fished for salmon on the lower parts of Orkla.
The license cover about 80 ponds/lakes and more that 160 creeks, streams and rivers.
Day 70,-NOK | Season 500,- NOK
Licenses can be obtained either online (click the button) or from various vendors in the area (gas stations, campsites, tourist office etc.)
Buy fishing licence
- Fishing season all year. Trout protected from 15th of September until 31st of October.
- You are allowed to use worm, lure, spinner or fly when fishing.
- The fishing license is personal and only valid with a personal Id.
- All children under the age of 16 years fish for free.
- Violations of the rules might result in prosecution.
- Game warden phone number: (+47) 992 74 943.
Show respect for farmed fields, do not walk across but walk on the edges. Respect local residents and only use marked parking places (see maps.). Remember that the atmosphere on and around the river is our common responsibility. Respect other anglers and bring your garbage back with you, don’t leave it in nature.