Hola Fly Fishing
This part of the Hola river is ideal for fly fishing, it varies between rapids and quiet stretches. You will find hatches of many different may flies and sedge, if you’re lucky you can also encounter H. Danica (Mayfly) on this river. The river is also easy accessible from the road.
The Hola fly fishing zone begins at the bridge at Holøyen and runs down to the bridge at “Nordre Sønmør”.
Day license 100.- NOK* | Week license 300,- NOK* | Season license 500,- NOK*
*The license also gives you the rights to fish in the other areas of Hola Fiskeforening. The angler must obey the rules stated for the other areas.
Licenses can be obtained either online (click the button) or from various vendors in the area (gas stations, campsites, tourist office etc.).
(Exerpt from complete fishing rules):
- Fishing season from 1st of June to 15th of October. All trout are protected from 1st of September until the season closes. All grayling are protected in the periode between 1st of May to 15th of June.
- Allowed fishing tackle: fly rod and fly line. The only weight used for casting is the fly line, and only artificial flies are allowed.
- All grayling over 35 cm and all trout over 30 cm must be released.
- Each angler is allowed to take 1 fish per 24 hour period. We strongly recommend C&R only.
- Handle caught fish with extreme care and make sure to release it promptly.
- The fishing license is personal and only valid with a personal Id.
- All children under the age of 16 years fish for free.
- Violations of the rules might result in prosecution.
Show respect for farmed fields, do not walk across but walk on the edges. Respect local residents and only use marked parking places (see maps.). Remember that the atmosphere on and around the river is our common responsibility. Respect other anglers and bring your garbage back with you, don’t leave it in nature.