Grimsa Fly Fishing
The fly fishing zone of Grimsa and part of Folla is about 18 km long, and offers a good variety of rapids and quiet water. It`s easy accessible and holds both big trout and big grayling. A very scenic river with mountain ranges and beautiful forest as a backdrop.
The bigger fish are not easy to catch, but with skill and a little luck trophy grayling and wild brown trout can be caught. Grimsa has a fly-fishing zone of about 18 kilometers and there is only ten licenses available each day, to regulate the fishing pressure. The river varies between fast rapids and nice calm sections and the river is easily accessible.
Articles about Grimsa river:
“Lifting the veil on river Grimsa”
200.- NOK for a day license
Can be obtained either online (click the button), or from various vendors in the area (gas stations, campsites, tourist office etc.)
- Fishing season form 1st of June to 15th of October. All trout are protected from 15th of September until the season closes.
- Fly fishing only within the Grimsa Fly fishing zone.
- All specimens under 35 cm and all specimens over 40 cm must be released.
- Each angler is allowed to take 1 fish per 24 hour period. We strongly recommend C&R.
- Handle caught fish with extreme care and make sure to release it promptly.
- The fishing license is personal and only valid with a personal Id.
- All children under the age of 16 years fish for free.
- Violations of the rules might result in prosecution
- Game warden phone number: +47 90 97 75 74.
Show respect for farmed fields, do not walk across but walk on the edges. Respect local residents and only use marked parking places (see maps.). Remember that the atmosphere on and around the river is our common responsibility. Respect other anglers and bring your garbage back with you, don’t leave it in nature.Other offers in Folldal Other offers in Innlandet