Glomma – Rendalen
The Rendalen part of the mighty Glomma river is dominated by trout, whitefish and grayling. The river is easily accessible along the whole East bank and also on the West bank from Hanestad bridge.
The Rendalen stretch starts at the commune border at Alvdal and goes down to the commune border of Stor-Elvdal. Glomma is regulated at Høyegga in Alvdal. Popular fishing spots are outside of Hanestad station, Grøttingfoss, down stream of Sjøbekken and Tegninga.
Prices: Day 70,- NOK | Week 180,- NOK | Season 400,- NOK
Fishing license can be obtained at local vendors (Coop Atna), or by SMS (See posters at the river bank).
- Fishing all year, trout is protected from 15th of September.
- All fish under 30 cm are to be released. Handle caught fish with care.
- Show moderation when taking fish! The big trout is important for the river system.
- There is a bag limit of 2 fish per angler over 40 cm per 24 hour period.
- You are only allowed to use spinner, lure worm or fly when fishing.
- The fishing license is personal and only valid with a personal Id.
- All children under the age of 16 years fish for free.
- Violations of the rules might result in prosecution.
Show respect for farmed fields, do not walk across but walk on the edges. Respect local residents and only use marked parking places (see maps.). Remember that the atmosphere on and around the river is our common responsibility. Respect other anglers and bring your garbage back with you, don’t leave it in nature.