Pikefishing in the lake Harsjøen
Lake Harsjøen has a large population of pike and rich waters teeming with whitefish. Harsjøen is a mountain lake located in the Østerdalen valley at 677 meters above sea level, on the mountain ridge between Øvre Rendal village and Hanestad in Rendalen. There is easy access via road 664.
The lake is about 4km long and there is a place to launch a boat at the north end of the lake. There is easy access via road 664. The lake has a large population of mountain whitefish that is fished for professionally, and a large population of pike. The lake is managed for preserving pike and pike angling. All pike over 60 cm must be released.
As the name suggests – “Harr”, the Norwegian for grayling, and “sjøen”, meaning lake. You can also catch grayling of nice size, and there are smaller populations of perch and trout. The license is only valid in the lake, which is the landowner association area.
Day 150,00 NOK | Week 300,00 NOK | Season 600,00 NOK
Licenses can be obtained either online (click the button) or various vendors in the area (gas stations, campsites, tourist office etc.)
- Fishing season the whole year. Closure for trout from September 11th until October 31th.
- Fishing is allowed using flies, worms and lures.
- One rod per fisherman.
- Pike over 60 cm must be released.
- Limit of one pike per fisherman per day, but we recimmend C/R.
- The fishing license is personal and only valid with a personal Id.
- Children under 16 fish for free.
- Violations of the rules might result in prosecution.
If you want to rent a boat contact (+47) 907 71 781
Take your garbage back home, don’t leave it in nature.
Respect local residents and only use marked