Folldal Public Lands
Folldal Public Lands consist of approximately 20 lakes and 30 km of rivers, where you can encounter brown trout, arctic char and grayling. The area is governed by the Folldal mountain board, and they stock juvenile locally bread fish in several ponds every year, and the reports from the anglers are good catches of fish in beautiful condition.
Folldal Mountain board administers an area that covers the northern parts of Folldal municipality, with Fundin and Marsjøen as the biggest lakes. See the map for the areas the license covers.
Day 80,-NOK | 3-Days 160,- NOK | Week 245,- NOK | Season 380,- NOK
Licenses can be obtained either online (click the button) or from various vendors in the area (gas stations, campsites, tourist office etc.)
- Season all year. All trout protected from the 15th of September to 31st of October.
- You are allowed to use worm, lure, spinner or fly when fishing.
- The fishing license is personal and only valid with a personal Id.
- All children under the age of 16 years fish for free.
- Trolling is allowed on Marsjøen and Fundin in the period from 1st of June until 31st of August. Only one rod per angler.
- Violations of the rules might result in prosecution.
- Game warden phone number: (+47) 97 97 71 21.
Show respect for farmed fields, do not walk across but walk on the edges. Respect local residents and only use marked parking places (see maps.). Remember that the atmosphere on and around the river is our common responsibility. Respect other anglers and bring your garbage back with you, don’t leave it in nature.
Parking of caravans and mobile homes are prohibited outside of special marked and dedicated areas.