Fishing at Vinger Finnskog
Why not take a fishing trip to the mythical Finnskogen, where the forests inhabitants came from Finland and settled around 1650 and began with slash and burn agriculture. Today you can see remnants of the Finnish settlers. Maybe you’ll get lucky and even run into the forest damsel? Just remember to speak nicely to her if you do have a run in. This is vital for good fishing luck!
Varalskogen is a forest property of approximately 17,000 acres which is owned by Statskog, and managed by the Konsvinger Hunting and Fishing Association. The area lies in the south west of the Kongsvinger Municipality on the border to Vermlands Len, Torby and Arvika Municipalities in Sweden.
Here The Konsvinger Hunting and Fishing Association (KJJF) manages 7 lakes with excellent trout fishing, where trout are set out each season. The lakes included in the fishing license are Snustjern, Svartjern, Holmtjern, Bjørntjern, Abbortjern, Kavalainen and Lystjern. Abbortjern is handicap accessible with a fishing dock and handicap toilet facilities.
Note: Fly fishing only in Bjørntjern.
The fishing license is valid for Snustjern, Svartjern, Holmtjern, Bjørntjern, Abbortjern, Kavalainen and Lystjern
24 Hour NOK 100,- | 3 Day NOK 225,- | Season License NOK 500,-
For members of KJFF:
24 Hour NOK 70,- | Season License NOK 350,-
Fishing licenses may be purchased locally at Jaktia Kongsvinger, Circkle K Arkoveien, Nye Sporten (Kongsenteret), Joker Austmarka, Dragonmoen Camping, via SMS, or via Inatur.no.
- The fishing license is only valid for one rod per license holder in the areas managed by KJFF in Varaldskogen.
- Fishing Season: All year – with the exception of the period directly after planting fish. This time can vary, but is typically between the 10th and 17th of May. Weather and conditions dictate this time period each year, but the times will be announced on their website.
- Minimum size limit: 25 cm.
- Bag Limit: Maximum 3 trout per angler per 24 hours.
- Licenses are non transferrable.
- Fishing licenses must be provided upon request. Fishing licenses may be revoked due to violations of fishing regulations.
- Netting and fishing with planer boards is forbidden.
- Only fly fishing is allowed in Bjørntjern.
- You agree to follow the rules and regulations when purchasing a fishing license.
- You will find shelters and firepits at 6 of the lakes. At svart tjern and Holmtjern you will find barracks where camping is allowed. You must bring your own firewood.
- Show respect for animal and bird life.
- If you pack it in, pack it out. Caring for the environment is our joint responsibility.
- Show respect to others you find in the area. Finnskogleden (trailway) and other marked trails can be found throughout the area.
Turn off of RV2 at the Felleskjøpet and timber terminal at Kongsvinger and take E16 towards Masterud. Turn to the left towards Øyermoen and Torsby until you see the sign for Dragonmoen Camping. Follow the road past the camping area towards Abbortjern. Alternative directions consist of turning off of RV20 at Roverud and following the FV202 signed Torsby until you reach Lunderseter. Turn off at Berg, at the sign leading to Øyermoen and Torsby. Follow FV202 until you reach E16 to Øieråsen. Turn off here and look for the sign to Lebiko, Lundgren, and follow the sign towards Lebiko.
Phone: (+47) 958 75 486 | Mail: email@example.com
Other offers in Kongsvinger