Femundsmarka National Park
Femundsmarka national park is well known for it characteristic wilderness with old pine, stone blocks and numerous lakes and ponds. In the national park the possibility of big trout, arctic char or grayling is always present and maybe you have heard of Røa, Grøtåa or The Røvol Mountain?
The easiest way of accessing the national park is by foot, skis, with the boat M/S Femund II or with a canoe from Femund or the Swedish side of the border. Enjoy your trip into the wild
3 Days 260,- NOK | Week 390,- NOK | Season 700,- NOK
The License covers the whole of Femund national park and is a joint card with Statskog and Engerdal fjellstyre. Licenses can only be obtained online (click the button) or with SMS.
- Fishing season all year. Rivers protected from 1st of September – 14th of November-
- In Røa the minimum size for trout is 25 cm.
- It is strongly recommended that you don’t take more fish than you can eat during your trip.
- The fishing license is personal and only valid with a personal Id.
- All children under the age of 16 years fish for free.
- Violations of the rules might result in prosecution.
Be aware of regulations for the national park. Leave no trace, and bring all trash home. It is allowed to light a fire, but ONLY with loose twigs found on the ground. The 300-400 year old dry pine trees are an important part of the national park and shall be left alone.
Advice when visiting the national park can be found here.