The River Vangrøfta
The River Vangrøfta, also known by the name “Skrukka” by Norwegian fly fishers, is a perfect river for those fly fishers that like to hunt for wild trophy brown trout. This river has a limited number of licenses available each day. This ensures that you will have plenty of river stretch at your disposal, and keeps fishing pressure down.
The fly fishing zone is approximately 15 km long, and is limited to 10 licenses per day for the whole river stretch.
Prices: 220,- NOK per day.
- Fishing season form 1st of June to 10th of September.
- Allowed fishing tackle: fly rod and fly line. The only weight used for casting is the fly line, and only artificial flies are allowed.
- Limited licenses: total 13 licenses, 10 for sale and 3 for local anglers.
- A license is valid from 10.00 AM until 10.00 AM the following day.
- All specimens under 30 cm and all specimens over 40 cm must be released.
- Each angler is allowed to take 1 fish per 24 hour period. We strongly recommend C&R only.
- Handle caught fish with extreme care and make sure to release it promptly.
- All anglers should bring a measuring tape. If in doubt the fish must be released.
- The fishing license is personal and only valid with a personal Id.
- All children under the age of 16 years fish for free.
- Violations of the rules might result in prosecution
- Game warden phone number: +47 91 76 36 54
Show respect for farmed fields, do not walk across but walk on the edges. Respect local residents and only use marked parking places (see maps).
Remember that the atmosphere on and around the river is our common responsibility.
Respect other anglers and bring your garbage back with you, don’t leave it in nature.
Some roads demand a road tax, pay attention to signs!