Fishing for children in Trysil
Among Trysils many lakes one may simply pick and choose among exhilarating fishing . But there are also some that are particularly child-friendly and suitable for their fishery. Both when it comes to the probability of catching fish, the availability of water or arrangements around it. The main thing is that the kids get to experience the joy of sport fishing.
Tørbergsjøen is a family friendly lake packed with fish. Both pike and perch, roach, and other less well known species. Here you will have a good chance of hooking up with everything from bait, to spinners and lures, and even on the fly. Access to the lake is well developed, with a shelter and grill along the lakeside. It is also a great lake for bathing when the kids get their fill of fishing.Here you will also find a rowboat available for rent, just remember to bring your own PFD.
Tørbergsjøen is easily accessible from RV 25 between Trysil and Elverum. The fishing area is located near Sjødammen on the north side of the lake.
“Ten Lakes” offers family friendly fishing trips built on the same principles as the popular mountain trips in Trysil. All you need to do is to visit a lake. At each of these lakes you will find a trip box. Clip the card, deliver it to the tourist information center, and you will receive a certificate. This certificate is your ticket, and you will be entered in the lottery once you have visited each of the 10 lakes and tagged photos on Instagram with #10fiskevanntrysil.
The Ten Lakes clip card for the contest can be found at the Tourist Information or at any of the sports shops in Trysil.
All Children under 16 years old fish for free!
Accompanying adults must have fishing licence.
This license covers most of the Trysil area and includes ore than 100 lakes, rivers and creeks.
Day NOK 130,00 | Week NOK 390,00 | Season NOK 580,00
Fishing license can be purchased at the tourist office and at local grocery stores and sporting goods stores.
- Fishing is permitted all year
- Maximum size for trout and grayling: trout over 30 cm and grayling over 35 cm are to be put back unharmed.
- Salom might be caught in the Trysil river and are to be put back with no acceptation.
- Barb-less hooks.
- The license is personal and only applies to that person. ID must be shown together with license.
- Children under the age of 16 can fish without license.
- Violation to the fishing regulations will be reported.
- For an exact direction to what waters are covered by the license we urge you to look at the pfd map.
- Fishing from boat is allowed but not in Røsjøen
- Leave nothing in nature, bring home only your trash and memories.
- Show respect for farmlands and buldings.