Åsnes Finnskog offers a variety of fishing opportunities. From mystical lakes within a short distance from the road, to fishing for most of the freshwater species Norway has to offer in the river Flisa, to fishing areas for children and families with well developed handicap access.
The common license here covers an area of 260,000 acres, managed by the Åsnes Hunting and Fishing Association, which is one of Norway’s oldest hunting and fishing organizations. They manage this area in cooperation with North Åsnes Wilderness Group, and Åsnes Kommune. The fishing license here is valid for the entire area, with the exception of Ugravertjernet which has it’s own management.
One of the notable fishing opportunities here is the slow running and species diverse lower Flisa River. Flisa is known for it’s very good perch and pike fishing. Although it is easily fishable from land, it is also perfect for fishing from a canoe or personal watercraft. In the upper section of Flisa you will find larger numbers of grayling and trout. The upper section is an ideal place for a novice fly fishermen. It is easy to wade, easily accessible from the road, and is home to good numbers of willing fish. Here you will also find plentiful amounts of fireplaces and small shelters along the river for taking a break from the fishing.
Storabbortjernet (big perch lake) is as the name implies, stuffed full of good numbers of perch. It is ideal for younger families, as the chances for catching fish here are very good. Rogsjøen is also an ideal lake for children, where you will find plenty of fireplaces and a shelter and a fishing dock. It also has well developed handicap access.
In Lindsjøen you will find the best pike fishing available in Finnskogen.
24 Hours NOK 60,- | Weekly License NOK 200,- | Season License NOK 400,-
Fishing licenses are valid for all of the areas managed by the Åsnes Hunting and Fishing Association. License holders must familiarize themselves with the area boundaries. For members of the Åsnes Hunting and Fishing Association the cost for a season license is NOK 200,-. Fishing license for members can also be purchased through local outlets, or by contacting the association.
In addition to the Intersport Flisa, and Joker Kilen you are also able to purchase a license via SMS at the posted points along the lakes and rivers in the area.
Utgravertjern requires it’s own license which costs NOK 100,- per 24 hours, and is available for purchase via SMS. Information on purchasing this license can be found at the information board at the lake
- Fishing licenses five the right to fish within the Åsnes Hunting and Fishing Association managed area. The license holder must familiarize themselves with the area and area borders. In lakes, rivers, and ponds containing trout, only rod and reel fishing is allowed.
- All trout over 40 cm must be released unharmed.
- The minimum size limit for trout is 25 cm.
- No minimum size limit on all other species.
- Maximum Size limit on perch is 40 cm.
- Trout are protected from the 15th of September to the 1st of November, and if caught they must be released as quickly as possible unharmed.
- Adults fishing with children under the age of 12 do not need a fishing license. This is valid in the entire area managed by the Åsnes Hunting and Fishing Association, with the exception of Utgravertjernet.
Along the upper stretch of Flisa River you will find dozens of shelters with fireplaces. At most lakes you will also find fireplaces and shelters.
Please Show respect for fenced property, and do not trespass.
If you pack it in, pack it out. The environment and healthy watersheds are our joint responsibility.
Please show respect to others when enjoying this area.