Unsetåa Fly Fishing
Unsetåa Fly Fishing Zone is over 12 km long and is ideal for fly fishing. The river varies from rapids to quiet areas, some excellent for spotting fish. The river has wild brown trout and grayling in various sizes, there have been reports of trophy wild browns been caught.
The fly fishing zone start at the Gapahuken (wilderness shelter) by “Nordre Vesleenghølen” and runs down to the bridge at Kroken (see map).
More information about other fisheries at Rendalen river board.
Day license 150,- NOK* | Week license 600,- NOK* | Season license 900,- NOK*
* With this license you can also fish in the other stretches of Rendalen river board: the Unsetåa and Tysla areas.
Licenses can be obtained either online (click the button), SMS or from various vendors in the area (gas stations, campsites, tourist office etc.).
- Fishing season for trout 1st of June to 1st of September.
- Fishiong season for grayling 1st of June to 15th of October.
- Allowed fishing tackle: fly rod and fly line. The only weight used for casting is the fly line, and only artificial flies are allowed. Only use barbless hooks.
- All specimens under 35 cm and all specimens over 40 cm must be released.
- Each angler is allowed to take 1 fish per 24 hour period. We strongly recommend C&R.
- All anglers should bring a measuring tape. If in doubt the fish must be released.
- Handel caught fish with extreme care and make sure to release it promptly.
- The fishing license is personal and only valid with a personal Id.
- All children under the age of 16 years fish for free.
- Violations of the rules might result in prosecution
- River keeper phone number: +47 91 76 89 95
Show respect for farmed fields, do not walk across but walk on the edges. Respect local residents and only use marked parking places (see maps.). Remember that the atmosphere on and around the river is our common responsibility. Respect other anglers and bring your garbage back with you, don’t leave it in nature.